Avon Skin So Soft is a long time, popular staple of Avon products. I mean, ladies swear by it, won’t leave home without having used it ….
I recently came across so great information about the many uses of Avon Skin So Soft, based on customer feedback over the years.
What you are about to read will forever change the way you look at Avon Skin So Soft ever again!
I hope you enjoy reading through this list on the many ways that this product can be used. Who knows, even after reading over 100 ways to use Avon Skin So Soft, you still may have something to add to the list. Feel free to add your own in the comments section.
Avon Skin So Soft Uses for Personal
- Use as a bath oil to relieve dry skin (very obvious and traditional use).
- Use as an after shower moisturizer.
- Use as a tanning oil (Be careful, this is not a sunscreen)
- Use as a hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
- Use as a massage oil for tired muscles.
- Use to remove residue from skin left by bandages.
- Use to clean ink from skin.
- Use as an insect repellent.
- Use to relieve itching caused by dry skin.
- Use to clean oil and grease from skin.
- Use to remove paint from your hands after painting (much less harsh than turpentine).
- Use to soothe light sunburn.
- Use to get hands cleaner. Rub hands with Skin So Soft before washing.
- Use to heal dry, cracked skin in 2-3 days.
- Use 1-2 caps in a liquid soap for shaving your legs and under arms. This helps the razor to glide and will leave your skin feeling smoother.
- Use to massage and moisturize tired and aching feet.
- Use to remove chewing gum from hair, skin and from most non-porous surfaces.
- Use to remove permanent ink from stamps.
- Use Skin So Soft (SSS) Original Bath Oil to get rid of head lice. Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet. Next, shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out. The lice will be gone.
- Use to Avon Skin So Soft Spray to spray on skin to help retain its elasticity.
- Use a dime size of Avon Skin So Soft in freshly shampooed hair. It will not be greasy at all. It will be soft and and incredibly shiny.
- Use along window sills to keep ants out.
- Use to treat psoriasis on elbows.
Avon Skin So Soft Uses for Household
- Use to spray or sponge around doors, windows, and on screens to keep ants and other creepy crawling bugs out.
- Use as a wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
- Use to remove glue and gum left by price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
- Use it to soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
- Use to remove lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
- Use as an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together.
- Use to clean ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
- Use to clean heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces.
- Use to take fur off clothing.
- Use to rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
- Use to remove crayon form appliances and from most painted surfaces.
- Use to mix in your cleaning products to wash cupboards. This will keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
- Use to discourage hornets from building their nests. after using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with Avon Skin So Soft. They will not rebuild their.
- Use to clean leather. I twill also keep it soft and supple.
- Use in your air conditioning screen filter. Your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
- Use to clean paint brushes easily and leave them soft as new.
- Use to remove gum from carpets.
- Use to remove scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
- Use on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
- Use to remove “ring around the collar”.
- Use to remove liquid nail (paneling glue).
- Do you ever get two glass bowls stuck together? Drizzle a little SSS down the sides and they will come apart easily.
- Use to remove candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
- Works great as a furniture polisher!
- If you have a child that wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing to give a fresh clean smell.
- Use as a deodorizer, spray into the air and let settle to kill nasty pet odors.
- Use to spray screen doors to repel gnats that might slip through the screen.
- Use to clean windows.
- Put just a little in mopping water to keep crawling bugs out. But don’t use to much or the floor will be slippery.
- Use to kill spiders.
Avon Skin So Soft Uses for Animals
- Use as a great insect repellant for your pet.
- Mix 5 parts of water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off. This is great for show dogs.
- Mix in your pet’s bath water to remove fleas an in between spray them with the same mixture as above to help keep them at bay.
- Use to rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals to help remove strong smells.
- Black Fly Spray Recipe for Dogs: Use as a spray or dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
- For dog’s dry skin, mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet’s coat once per week.
- Use to remove tar or asphalt on the pads of your dog’s feet.
- Flea Bath Recipe: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse to remove soap residue. Follow with a final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefits of repelling insects.
- Flea Repellent Recipe: Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil, 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellant activity for a 6-day period.
- Use for Chow Dogs. Many chows have very dry and flaky skin. The SSS can help dandruff and itchiness and make hair shiny and smooth. It also serves as a great flea and tick repellant.
- Alternative Insect Repellent Recipe for Pets: 1 cup Avon Skin So Soft bath oil 1 cup white vinegar, 1 cup (or more) watr, 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (get this from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away). Mix in a spray bottle. Straight SSS works well for mosquitoes but can be too greasy for your pet.
Avon Skin So Soft Uses for Automobile
- Use to remove tar spots from the car without damage to the pain.
- Use to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. Helps to prevent cracking.
- Use on a small cloth and leave in car to leave car smelling fresh.
- Wipe down surfaces to remove cigarette smoke odor.
- Before traveling, rub SSS on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
- Use to shine vehicle tires.
As you can see, Avon Skin so Soft has many great uses you probably never thought of. I hope that you will find some of these many uses helpful to you. Now the only thing to do is to stock up on Avon Skin so Soft Bath Oil or or Spray! CLICK HERE to purchase!
DISCLAIMER: Skin So Soft oil is approved by the FDA only as a bath oil. This list is based on customer testimonial and the many uses they have found for SSS that work great for them. Avon makes no claims of these uses.